Advanced Learning and Science Directorate
What we do
We deliver further and higher education in Scotland. This includes student support and science.
We are responsible for:
- developing the young workforce and tackling youth unemployment
- maintaining access to higher education based on the ability to learn and not the ability to pay
- creating the educated workforce required to help drive sustainable economic growth
- championing science, and the use of scientific advice to inform policy-making
- realising the benefits of college regionalisation
The Directorate also has sponsorship responsibility for the Scottish Funding Council.