Jamie Hepburn was appointed Minister for Business, Fair Work and Skills in June 2018.
Supports the Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Economy & Fair Work and the Deputy First Minister.
Specific responsibilities are:
- business, industry and manufacturing
- employment policy
- labour market strategy, the living wage, and fair work
- employability programmes
- youth employment (including implementation of the Wood Commission recommendations)
- women's employment
- bankruptcy and Accountant in Bankruptcy (Scottish government agency)
- regional economic forums
- non-advanced vocational skills
- skills Development Scotland (Scotland's national skills agency)
- consumer protection
Jamie was educated at Hyndland Secondary and the University of Glasgow, graduating with a degree in Politics and History.
He served as National Convener of the SNP's student and youth wings, was MSP for Central Scotland between 2007 and 2011 and has been MSP for Cumbernauld and Kilsyth since 2011. He was appointed Minister for Sport, Health Improvement and Mental Health in November 2014. Jamie Hepburn was appointed Minister for Employability and Training in May 2016