Humza Yousaf was appointed Minister for Transport and the Islands in May 2016.
- Cabinet Secretary for the Rural Economy and Connectivity
- Cabinet Secretary for Economy, Jobs and Fair Work
- Cabinet Secretary for Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform
Specific responsibilities are:
- Edinburgh-Glasgow improvement project
- islands (cross-government co-ordination)
- public transport - air, ferry services, roads
- transport policy
Humza Yousaf was born in Glasgow on April 7, 1985. He was educated at Hutchesons' Grammar School and the University of Glasgow, graduating with a degree in Politics. He is also an alumnus of the US State Department's prestigious International Visitor Learning Programme.
He went on to work in the Scottish Parliament as an aide to the late Bashir Ahmad MSP. He was a Parliamentary Liaison Officer to former First Minister Alex Salmond MSP and was elected as an MSP for the Glasgow region in May 2011. He was appointed Minister for External Affairs and International Development in September 2012.