On 23 June 2016 the people of Scotland voted decisively to remain within the European Union (EU).
We continue to believe that staying in the EU is the best option for the whole of the UK and Scotland. Failing that, we believe the UK and Scotland must remain inside the Single Market and Customs Union.
This page brings together the various reports and key documents that we've published on Brexit.
Brexit Stakeholder Engagement Fund
On Europe Day 9 May 2018 The Minister for UK Negotiations on Scotland's Place in Europe, Michael Russell MSP, announced a new £150,000 Brexit Stakeholder Engagement Fund. The fund will help ensure that a range of voices can be heard to inform the Scottish Government's position in relation to EU exit.
- Scotland's Place in Europe
- Scotland's Place in Europe: People, Jobs and Investment
- Brexit: what's at stake for business
- Brexit: protecting what matters – what's at stake for individuals in the Brexit talks
- Protecting the rights of EU citizens: position paper
- Brexit Stakeholder Engagement Fund: equality impact asessment results
- Environmental governance in Scotland after Brexit: report
- Brexit: Food, Drink and Trade Roundtable Discussion on 'Regulatory challenges of getting product to market'
- Scotland's Place in Europe: security, judicial co-operation and law enforcement