Coal Restoration Working Group
Role of the group
A working group to take forward the progression and monitoring of options relating to restoration from the final report to the Scottish Coal Taskforce by its compliance and finance sub-groups 'Towards better regulation'.
The group will recommend how planning authorities should approach restoration in the future. It will also explore and recommend other initiatives of good practice arising from the report.
- Scottish Government
- UK Government
- local authorities
- Coal Authority
- coal producers
- Quarterly update on coal sites: January 2017
- Coal Restoration Working Group minutes: October 2016
- Quarterly update on coal sites: October 2016
- Coal Restoration Working Group minutes: June 2016
- Coal Restoration Working Group minutes: February 2016
- Coal Restoration Working Group: terms of reference
- Surface coal mine restoration: final report to opencast coal task force