Government Legal Service for Scotland
Role of the group
The Government Legal Service for Scotland (GLSS) works to:
- raise awareness of the roles of public service lawyers and of the GLSS member offices
- promote contacts, share information and develop skills and knowledge among staff in its member offices
- provide shared services to member offices and their staff
- offer legal traineeships. We are advertising Legal traineeships starting in September 2019 on the Work for Scotland website. Applications close on Thursday 14 December 2017.
The GLSS member offices are:
- Scottish Government Legal Directorate
- Legal Secretariat to the Lord Advocate
- Office of the Advocate General
- Office of the Solicitor to the Scottish Parliament
- Scottish Law Commission
- Parliamentary Counsel Office (associate office)
The GLSS also provides legal staff to the Crofters Commission, the Lord President's Private Office and the Scottish Land Court.