Joint Ministerial Group on Welfare
Role of the group
The Joint Ministerial Working Group was established to provide a forum for discussion and decision-making to ensure the implementation of welfare and employment-related aspects of the Scotland Act 2016.
The group met for the first time in February 2015.
- Secretary of State for Scotland (Co-chair)
- Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
- Minister for Employment
- Cabinet Secretary for Communities, Social Security and Equalities (Co Chair)
- Cabinet Secretary for the Economy, Jobs and Fair Work
- Minister for Social Security
- Minister for Employment and Skills
Membership may vary, according to agenda items for each meeting.