Nuisance Calls Commission
Role of the group
We convened this short-life group following the Nuisance Calls Summit in June 2016. The aim is to find practical solutions to the problem of unwanted calls and develop an action plan showing how to deliver long term differences and reduce the impact of this nuisance on people's lives.
Members represent key regulatory, industry and consumer groups stakeholders with interests in preventing nuisance calls. The group is expected to meet three times with the first meeting taking place on 30 November 2016.
Organisations represented on the panel
- Keith Brown (Chair), Cabinet Secretary for Economy, Jobs and Fair Work
- Scottish Government
- Information Commissioner's Office
- Trading Standards Scotland
- The Society of Chief Officers of Trading Standards in Scotland (SCOTTS)
- Citizen Advice Scotland
- Ofcom Communications Consumer Panel
- Department for Culture, Media & Sport
- Telephone Preference Service
- Scottish Council for Development and Industry