Cities and their regions make up around two thirds of Scotland's economy. When they thrive, all of Scotland benefits.
That's why we are working with all seven of Scotland's cities – Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling – to stimulate investment and create more effective regional economies.
- implementing the measures set out in Scotland's Agenda for Cities to support economic growth
- developing projects to make our cities smarter, greener and more productive through the Scottish Cities Alliance
- funding City Region Deals to attract investment and create jobs
- publishing bi-annual cities statistics for our stakeholders
Our cities and their regions play a vital role in delivering the priorities of Scotland’s Economic Strategy: to increase internationalisation, boost investment and innovation, and support inclusive growth.
Our role as Government is to help our cities to realise their city visions and strengthen their partnerships.
Our cities strategy, Scotland’s Agenda for Cities, was originally published in 2011 and updated in 2016.
The update aligns the Agenda with the latest Economic Strategy, particularly in regard to its increased focus on:
- securing inclusive economic growth
- the advent of City Region Deals in Scotland
- the maturing of the Scottish Cities Alliance
Email: Cities Team, EACCitiesTeam@gov.scot
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House