Film and TV production in Scotland
We are encouraging the screen industry to produce more films and TV programmes in Scotland by making it easier and more profitable to do so.
This will help to increase production activity, create more and higher-quality creative jobs, and promote economic growth.
We are supporting film and TV production in Scotland by:
- creating a dedicated screen industry unit within Creative Scotland in 2017 to streamline public sector support for the development, production and distribution of films and TV programmes
- working with private sector partners to provide additional permanent studio space for the screen industry
- providing £1 million in funding to deliver skills development and training opportunities in the Scottish screen industry
- pushing for the decentralisation of the BBC so that Scotland gains editorial and commissioning control, as well as a share of the licence fee raised in Scotland to spend on production
- funding a £3 million Production Growth Fund to incentivise Scotland-based production work