No one should be denied rights or opportunities because of their gender. We are working to reduce and remove the social and economic barriers faced by women and men in Scotland.
- ensuring fairer workplaces for women
- providing funding to gender equality organisations
- increasing childcare provision
- engaging with men
- working to prevent Violence against women and girls (VAWG)
Key statistics about women and men in Scotland including income, education, health and transport:
- Maximising economic opportunities for women in Scotland
- Scottish Government's equality evidence website
- Scottish Government equality outcomes: gender evidence review
- Women's employment summit: research evidence paper
We make equality considerations part of our everyday work. Find out more about: mainstreaming equality
Bills and legislation
The Equality Act 2010 brought together existing equality legislation.
It focuses on people with the following protected characteristics: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, sex, sexual orientation and religion and belief.
Email: email@example.com – Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House