Support for new board members
Board induction workshop
We have developed a board induction workshop for newly appointed board members. Building on the induction process they will have received at their respective boards, the workshops highlight Scottish Ministers' expectations of them and provides the opportunity to network with other newly appointed board members.
Each workshop features speakers including a Scottish Minister, a representative from the office of the Commissioner for Ethical Standards in Public Life in Scotland, and a representative from Audit Scotland.
The workshops are run up to three times a year, ensuring that every newly appointed board members has the opportunity to participate within six months of their appointment start date.
For more information, contact Robert Boyter of the Public Appointments Team at email@example.com.
Resources for new board members
New members of public body boards may wish to familiarise themselves with the following documents:
- Audit and assurance committee handbook
- Audit Scotland publication: the role of boards
- Good governance in the Scottish Government
- On Board: a guide for members of statutory boards
- On Board: a guide for members of management advisory boards
- Model code of conduct for members of devolved public bodies
- Non-executive director toolkit
- Scottish Public Finance Manual (SPFM)