This evaluation pack is aimed at both service providers and funders who aim to reduce crime and reoffending.
For funders and planning partnerships, it aims to:
- Offer a strategic, evidence-based and outcomes-focused planning tool
- Offer guidance on how to assess evaluations from service providers and therefore direct funding to greatest effect.
- Demonstrate the role you can play in promoting and enabling high quality evaluations from those you fund.
For service providers, it aims to:
- Provide guidance on planning an evidence-based service with a "built in" evaluation process
- Provide guidance and resources for you to effectively assess, understand and demonstrate how well your service is working in relation to your aims.
- Offer an alternative to randomised control trials, using a "logic model" approach to evaluation, which any service provider can use to evaluate any intervention, regardless of size.
- Encourage continual review and improvement of services.