Annex G: Competency framework
All members of the committee should have, or acquire as soon as possible after appointment:
- understanding of the objectives of the organisation and current significant issues for the organisation;
- understanding of the organisation's structure, including key relationships such as that with a sponsoring directorate/portfolio or a major partner;
- understanding of the organisation's culture;
- understanding of any relevant legislation or other rules governing the organisation;
- understanding of the organisation's three lines of assurance and sources of assurance;
- broad understanding of the government environment, particularly accountability structures and current major initiatives.
The committee should collectively possess:
- knowledge/skills/experience (as appropriate and required) in:
- risk management;
- technical or specialist issues pertinent to the organisation's business.
- experience of managing similar sized organisations and people management skills;
- understanding of the wider relevant environments in which the organisation operates;
- detailed understanding of the government environment and accountability structures.