1. Forthcoming, Skills Development Scotland
2. Age appropriate learning in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
3. My World Outdoors. Care Inspectorate 2016.
4. Space to Grow – Design guidance for early learning and childcare and out of school care services. Scottish Government. 2017
5. These are also offered as one of the ELC options for the funded 600 hours of ELC entitlement for eligible two year olds and their parents/carers.
6. See the Measuring the Attainment Gap consultation. To measure progress in the early years, the current proposal is to use data on: the proportion of children showing no developmental concern at the 27-30 month health visitor review; and teacher judgement data on the achievement of CfE levels in literacy in P1 (reading, writing and listening and talking).
7. See Care Inspectorate 2017