You have the right to make a building designation appeal to Scottish Ministers where Historic Environment Scotland's decision:
- includes a building in the list of buildings of special architectural or historic interest
- amends the listed building record
The attached guidance explains:
- what the appeals process is
- how to complete and submit your form
- how to get in touch
There is no fee for this type of appeal. Everybody who participates in the process is normally expected to cover their own expenses.
This form and guidance relates to appeals made under:
- Section 5B of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) (Scotland) Act 1997 and
- the Town and Country Planning (Appeals) (Scotland) Regulations 2013
A guide to planning appeals explains what can be appealed to ministers and provides context for our appeals forms.