Key Learning Outcomes
- Be aware and alert to possible indicators of child sexual exploitation.
- Ask questions when you have concerns.
- Consider accessing further information from health record systems or by calling another health professional who may know the young person.
- Use the screening/risk assessment tools available to record concerns and guide your decisions.
- If in doubt, seek advice from a more experienced colleague, e.g. Child Protection Paediatrician or Child Protection Advisor.
- If you have a concern, make a referral in line with local Child Protection procedures.
Email: Katrina McDonald
Phone: 0300 244 4000 - Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House