Appendix 7 - Regional Annual Governance Process and Improvement Framework for Cancer Care
1. Regional QPI Implementation Stage:
- National cancer QPIs and associated national minimum core dataset and measurability specifications, developed by QPI development groups.
- Regional implementation of nationally agreed dataset to enable reporting of QPIs.
2. Data Analysis Stage:
- NHS Boards collect data and data is analysed on a yearly basis using nationally agreed measurability criteria at local/ regional level.
- Data/results validated by Boards and annual regional comparative report produced by Regional Networks.
- Areas of best practice and variance across the region highlighted.
- Yearly regional reports submitted to ISD for collation and presentation in national report every 3 years.
3. Regional Performance Review Stage:
- RCAGs* review regional comparative report.
- Regional or local NHS Board action plans to address areas of variance developed.
- Appropriate leads identified to progress each action.
- Action plans ratified by RCAGs.
4. Monitoring Stage:
- Where required, NHS Boards monitor progress with action plans and submit progress reports to RCAGs.
- RCAGs review and monitor regional improvement.
5. Improvement Support Stage:
- Where required Healthcare Improvement Scotland maybe requested to provide expertise to NHS Boards/ RCAGs on improvement methodologies and support.
6. Escalation Stage:
- If progress not acceptable, RCAGs will escalate any issues to relevant Board Chief Executives. If progress remains unacceptable RCAGs will escalate any relevant issues to Healthcare Improvement Scotland.
Email: Chris Booth, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House