Annex 1: Consultation questions
1. Do you agree with the Scottish Government including in statute an ambition to eradicate child poverty?
2. What are your views on making income targets statutory?
3. How do you think the role of the Ministerial Advisory Group on Child Poverty can be developed to ensure that they play a key role in developing the legislation?
4. How can links between the national strategy and local implementation be improved? What could local partners do to contribute to meeting these national goals? This might include reporting and sharing best practice or developing new strategic approaches.
5. What are your views on the income-based measures of poverty proposed for Scottish child poverty targets? For example, are there any additional income-based measures you think we should also use (and if so, why)? Are there any alternative approaches to measuring income - for example, as used in other countries - that you think could apply in Scotland?
6. What are your views on the Scottish Government's proposals for the levels of child poverty that the targets will be set at?
7. What are your views on the Scottish Government's proposal to set targets on an after housing costs basis? For example, are there any disadvantages to this approach that we have not already considered?
8. What are your views on the Scottish Government's proposal to set targets that are expected to be achieved by 2030?
9. What are your views on the proposal that Scottish Ministers will be required by the Bill to produce a Child Poverty Delivery Plan every five years, and to report on this Plan annually?
10. Do you have any suggestions for how the measurement framework could usefully be improved? For example, are there any influencing factors that are not covered by the measurement framework? Or are there any additional indicators that could be added?
11. Do you have any additional views on a Child Poverty Bill for Scotland?