Chapter 3: Introduction Of The Relief
31. The LBTTSA 2013 must be amended before the relief can be introduced.
32. To achieve this, the Scottish Government intends to bring forward secondary legislation to deliver the relief as soon as possible, following consideration of the responses to this consultation.
33. A draft Scottish Statutory Instrument introducing a new Schedule 4A to the LBTTSA 2013 is accordingly set out for consideration at Annex A. This will need to be refined prior to introduction of the legislation to Parliament to detail the level of relief available and in light of consultation responses.
34. Introduction of the relief will be subject to the usual process of Parliamentary scrutiny and consideration. However, the Scottish Government’s intention is for the relief to be in place for June 2018.
35. Only transactions with an effective date after the implementation of the relevant legislation will be eligible for the relief.
36. Further guidance on the procedures and process which will be put in place for claiming the relief will be produced by Revenue Scotland in due course.
Question 7: Do you have any views on the draft Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (First-Time Buyer Relief) (Scotland) Order 2018?