1. National Records of Scotland. Future projections based on 2014 population estimates.
2. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Services – Clinical Standards. Healthcare Improvement Scotland, March 2010 ( http://www.healthcareimprovementscotland.org/our_work/long_term_conditions/copd_implementation/copd_clinical_standards.aspx).
3. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Adults – Clinical Guideline 101. National Institute for Clinical Excellence 2016 ( https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/CG101).
4. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: definition – World Health Organization 2017 ( http://www.who.int/respiratory/copd/definition/en/).
5. Realising Realistic Medicine: Chief Medical Officer's Report. The Scottish Government 2016 ( http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2017/02/3336).
6. Towards 2020: Taking Care to the Patient. Scottish Ambulance Service 2016 ( http://www.scottishambulance.com/UserFiles/file/TheService/Publications/Strategic%20Plan_Online%20pdf.pdf).
7. Willgoss TG & Yohannes AM. (2013) Anxiety disorders in patients with COPD: a systematic review. Respir Care; 58(5): 858-66.
8. Zhang MW, Ho RC, Cheung MW, Fu E & Mak A. (2011). Prevalence of depressive symptoms in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a systematic review, meta-analysis and meta-regression. Gen Hosp Psychiatry; 33(3):217–223.
9. Livermore N, Sharpe L, McKenzie D (2010). 'Panic attacks and panic disorder in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A cognitive behavioural perspective'. Respiratory Medicine, vol 104, no 9, pp 1246–53.
10. Naylor C, Parsonage M, McDaid D, Knapp M, Fossey M, Galea A. Long-Term Conditions and Mental Health. The Cost of Co-Morbidities. London, UK: The Kings Fund; 2012.
Email: Syed Kerbalai
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House