3. See Footnote 66 of the Commission's Guidelines - this sets out that the subsidised network should be pro-competitive (i.e. allow for effective access at different levels of the infrastructure).
4. Substantially higher upload speeds means at least a doubling of the maximum upload speed available on current generation access network(s) for given 'up to' packages available on basic broadband networks in the relevant intervention area.
5. See paragraph 65 of the Commission's guidelines.
6. The white premises in these postcodes will be subject to monitoring and review as explained above.
7. Operators will still be able to request new forms of access products on the subsidised NGA network infrastructure through the formal general access provisions under the terms of a future State aid Decision.
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House