Notes for Tables
1. Incidents for 2014-15 & 2015-16 were collated using a different system. See Section 2.5 for more details.
2. Prior to the change in data collection during 2013-14 (see Paragraph 6.3 in Annex 1) legacy police forces recorded domestic abuse information in different systems. Police practice in deciding when behaviour justifies the recording of a crime or offence may also differ. These differences influenced the number of incidents and the proportion of incidents which led to the recording of a crime or offence.
3. Population estimates are as at mid-year from the National Records of Scotland ( NRS) ( http://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/statistics-and-data/statistics/statistics-by-theme/population/population-estimates/mid-year-population-estimates).
4. 'Not Recorded & Other' includes incidents where the gender is either missing or recorded as transgender.
5. Due to data with no age and gender, rates per 10,000 population, will be lower than expected. See Section 6.13 for more details of missing data.
6. A victim/accused can appear in the iVPD multiple times in one reporting year. See Section 3.6 in bulletin for more details on definition of repeat victims and accused.
Additional tables can be accessed online via the following link: http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Crime-Justice/PubDomesticAbuse