1. See methodology note – Age of recipients.
2. See methodology note – College student population.
3. See methodology note – Gender.
4. See methodology note – Recipients from Deprived Areas of Scotland
5. Note: returns from the Local Authorities of Shetland Islands and Orkney Islands include a small number of returns for students at colleges.
6. SIMD 2016 has been used for the 2016-17 academic year, this is in line with the approach taken by Scottish Governments Education Analytical Services Directorate for School data. The use of SIMD 2016 for 2016-17 differs to the approach taken when publishing University and College Statistics. University and College statistics will move on to SIMD 2016 for academic year 2017-18.