7.0 Review of the EESSH
7.1 It is proposed that there will be a review of EESSH in 2017. It is acknowledged that a review period is prudent to enable a further consideration of the cost assumptions and the potential risks to landlords in achieving the standard, taking account of progress to date and the availability in practice of expected funding streams while also enabling further consideration of progress toward the 2020 milestone. The outcome of the review will inform future decisions on the terms of the EESSH, including whether milestones remain achievable and the setting of any further milestones beyond 2020.
7.2 The proposed date for the review is based on the following considerations:
- The full impacts of the changes made by the UK Government to ECO will be clear. The review group will thus be in a position to confirm whether the funding streams necessary to attain EESSH are working as expected.
- Findings from the Scottish Government's HEEPS, which is designed to work alongside ECO, will inform learning.
- Monitoring information on progress with EESSH will be available from all social landlords beginning in 2015/16. The impact of the UK Government's welfare reforms on social landlord finances will be clearer.
- It will allow enough time for landlords to respond to any revisions to EESSH in time for the first milestone of 2020.
- It will provide a reasonable time frame for landlords to plan for any further milestones to be set beyond 2020 in order to meet targets on Climate Change and in addressing Fuel Poverty.