Annex 1: Semi-Structured Interview - Managers
Overarching questions about the concepts and drivers:
1. What do the words 'engagement' and 'empowerment' mean to you?
2. What are the current and future drivers for more engagement and empowerment in land management and land use in Scotland?
3. What do you think are the opportunities of working on land use and land management in rural Scotland?
4. What do you think are the challenges of working on land use and land management in rural Scotland?
Questions about what is already happening on the ground in Scotland:
1. What do you regard as successful participation and empowerment?
2. Please provide examples of projects, or aspects of projects, you regard as successful.
3. What tools and approaches are being used around the natural environment in Scotland (urban or rural)?
Questions about your organisation:
1. What do you think your organisation is already doing well in relation to engaging with and/or empowering communities?
2. What more do you think your organisation needs to do to? (this is a constructive way to get at gaps in their organisations understanding, capacity, skills or resources)
3. What do you think are the top three priorities for action on this in SNH, FC and SEPA?
Email: Clare Magill, firstname.lastname@example.org