Appendix 2 : Remit And Terms Of Reference Of Advisory Group
To advise the Chief Pharmaceutical Officer on options to evolve the existing pharmacist four-year undergraduate degree and the one-year pre-registration training scheme into an integrated five year programme to support the initial education of pharmacists in Scotland in response to current and future workforce developments.
Terms Of Reference
To consider and agree a work plan for an integrated five year programme to support the initial education of pharmacists in Scotland.
- To agree the remit and terms of reference of the advisory group
- To agree the timeline for the work plan of the advisory group
- To consider and advise on:
- Strengths and weaknesses of existing 4+1 MPharm model
- What an enhanced 4+1 MPharm model might look like
- Strengths and weaknesses of an integrated five-year MPharm
- What an integrated five-year MPharm might look like
- Barriers and facilitators to change
- To seek stakeholder views on draft proposals for a five year integrated initial education programme for pharmacists in Scotland
- To consider any implementation implications
The advisory group will report to the Chief Pharmaceutical Officer on the options by the end of November 2016 in order to inform plans going forward.
Email: Elaine Muirhead
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House