FOI reference: FOI/17/01851
Date received: 11 August 2017
Date responded: 1 September 2017
In relation to the meeting between Liz Lloyd and Toni Bush, Global Head of Government Affairs, News Corp, USA, on 30 June 2017, could you please confirm the following:
- Where did the meeting take place?
- Can you confirm the names of all the Scottish Government representatives present at the meeting?
- What was the purpose of the meeting?
- Were any minutes or notes of the meeting taken which you can provide?
- Can you provide any briefing notes provided to Liz Lloyd ahead of this meeting?
- Were any subsequent meetings arranged between News Corp representatives and Scottish Government ministers, special advisers or officials?
In addition, please provide all correspondence between the Scottish Government and Toni Bush of News Corp or her staff in the 2017 calendar year to date.
The answer to your questions are:
- The Witchery by the Castle Restaurant, Castlehill, Edinburgh.
- Liz Lloyd was the only Scottish Government representive present at the meeting.
The meeting was an introductory meeting at which the following topics were discussed: the current political situation in the US and the UK; the impact of Brexit on UK and EU politics; and recent developments in print and online media.
No minutes or notes of the meeting were taken.
- No briefing notes were provided.
- No subsequent meetings have been arranged.
There has been no correspondence between the Scottish Government and Toni Bush or her staff in the 2017 calendar year.
This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House