FOI reference: FOI/17/02070
Date received: 11 September 2017
Date responded: 24 October 2017
A copy of all correspondence between Scottish Government and Glasgow City Council between March 2015 and January 2016 in relation to the European Structural Funds Division investigation into compliance issues for claims involving Jobs and Business Glasgow.
I enclose a copy of all of the information you requested.
1. Email trail between Annemarie O'Donnell, Chief Executive, Glasgow City Council and Shane Rankin, Head of European Structural Funds Division dated 11 March 2015
2. Letter from Annemarie O'Donnell to Shane Rankin dated 10 April 2015.
3. Letter to Annemarie O'Donnell from Shane Rankin dated 22 April 2015.
4. Email from William Hart, Glasgow City Council to Mark Ashton, ESFD dated 23 April 2015.
5. Email from Morag Johnston, Glasgow City Council to Mark Ashton, ESFD dated 28 May 2015.
6. Letter to Annemarie O'Donnell from Graeme Dickson and Alyson Stafford dated June 2015.
7. Email trail between Margaret Kerton, Glasgow City Council and John Mason/ Graeme Dickson/Shane Rankin dated July/August 2015.
8. Letter to Annemarie O'Donnell from Graeme Dickson dated August 2015.
9. Email from Richard Brown, Glasgow City Council to Shane Rankin dated 25 November 2015.
10. Email from Kevin Rush, Glasgow City Council to Mark Ashton, ESFD dated 7 December 2015.
11. Email from Sharon Thomson, Glasgow City Council to Mark Ashton, ESFD dated 7 December 2015.
12. Letter from Annemarie O'Donnell to John Mason dated 16 December 2015.
13. Letter to Annemarie O'Donnell from Graeme Dickson dated 21 December 2015.
14. Letter from Annemarie O'Donnell to Graeme Dickson dated 22 December 2015.
15. Letter from Annemarie O'Donnell and Graeme Dickson dated 27 January 2016.
16. Glasgow City Council Internal Audit Report January 2016.
The answer to your question in bullet point 2 of your email:
Between 5 November 2015 at a discussion between Scottish Government and Glasgow City Council senior managers and 7 December 2015 when accepted by Glasgow City Council as per the email below.
The answer to your question in bullet point 3 of your email is as follows:
JBG fact finding summary to be issued in final draft to GCC Chief Executive and copied to the Chair and Managing Director of JBG for attention - imminent
Draft report to be received from Ernst & Young - aiming for end of November.
Head of Audit and Inspection to report on arrangements for compliance to JBG Board – likely January.
Head of Audit and Inspection to report findings from JBG and GCC reviews to GCC Finance Audit Scrutiny Committee – likely January.
The answer to your question in bullet point 4 of your email is contained in documents below:
Letter dated 16 December 2015 from Annemarie O'Donnell to John Mason – now supplied.
Email dated 7 December 2015 from Kevin Burns to Mark Ashton – now supplied.
Email dated 7 December 2015 from Sharon Thomson to Mark Ashton – now supplied.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House