FOI reference: FOI/17/02879
Date received: 27 November 2017
Date responded: 22 December 2017
Information re the Open Market Shared Equity (LIFT) Scheme;
- Date of inception of the scheme
- Number of properties purchased since the scheme's inception
- Amount of funds provided to purchasers
- Amount of funds repaid to the Scottish Ministers on sale of properties purchased under the scheme.
1. Some of the information you have requested is available from the Affordable Housing Supply Programme Out-turn reports at https://beta.gov.scot/policies/more-homes/affordable-housing-supply/. These reports contain the number of homes purchased each year since the scheme began in 2008 and the amount of funding used each year. Under section 25(1) of FOISA, we do not have to give you information which is already reasonably accessible to you. If, however, you do not have internet access to obtain this information from the website(s) listed, then please contact me again and I will send you a paper copy. I have also attached electronic copies of the earlier reports as these are now on an archived site in the event you have any difficulties accessing them.
2. The answer to the final point on the funds repaid to Scottish Ministers on the sale of properties purchased under the scheme is £27.9m has been repaid on the sale of Open Market Shared Equity properties since April 2008 to end of November 2017.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House