FOI reference: FOI/18/00223
Date received: 26 January 2018
Date responded: 2 February 2018
- The number of plastic straws purchased in the 12 months.
- The number of paper straws purchased in the 12 months.
- The number of sauce sachets purchased in the 12 months.
The Scottish Government provides catering services, through a contractor at nine sites across Scotland. I can confirm that in the 12 month period from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017, the Scottish Government catering service at these nine sites:
- Did not purchase any plastic straws
- Did not purchase any paper straws
- Purchased a total of 68,600 individual sauce sachets.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House