1. Risk Management Authority (2011) Framework for Risk Assessment, Management and Evaluation. Paisley: RMA. Online: http://www.rmascotland.gov.uk/frame/policy-paper/
2. The FRAME Working Group membership comprised the Scottish Government, Risk Management Authority, Social Work Inspection Agency, Association of Chief Police Officers, Association of Directors of Social Work, Scottish Prison Service, Chief Officer's Group, NHS Scotland, Skills for Justice Scotland and CJA Training and Development.
4. Lesley McAra, Susan McVie 'Youth Crime and Justice: Key Messages from the Edinburgh Study of Youth Transitions and Crime' (2010) Criminology and Criminal Justice 10: 211-230
5. McNeill, F (2009) 'Young people, serious offending and managing risk: a Scottish perspective' in Baker, K, Sutherland, A (2009) Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements and Youth Justice, Policy Press
6. Centre for Youth and Criminal Justice (2014)
National Youth Justice Practice Guidance.
8. SWIA (2010) Social Work Inspection Agency: Practice Guide - Chronologies. Online: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2010/01/22134612/0
9. Muncie, J. (2004) Youth and Crime (2 nd edn), London: Sage
10. For a fuller discussion of this kind of issue see the Scottish Government's Draft National Guidance on Under-age Sexual Activity - Meeting the Needs of Children and Young People and Identifying Child Protection Concerns
12. Worling, J. and Curwen, T. (2001) ERASOR version 2.0, Safe-T Program
13. Lyons-Ruth, K. (1996). Attachment relationships among children with aggressive behaviour problems: The role of disorganized early attachment patterns. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 64, 32-40.
14. McCarlie, C and Brady, A (2005) The Extra Dimension: Developing a Risk Management Framework. in Calder, M (2005) Children and Young People who Sexually Abuse: New Theory, Research and Practice Developments. Russell House Publishing
15. Jamieson, J., McIvor, G. and Murray, C. (1999) Understanding Offending Among Young People, Edinburgh: The Stationery Office.
22. Report to: National CPC Chairs and Lead Officers Group
23. Oxford English Medical Dictionary