1. The term Housing Associations is used to refer to private registered providers of social housing. This is consistent with the terminology used by the Office for Budget Responsibility in their Economic and Fiscal Outlooks.
7. The latest Public Sector Finances dataset is available from
http://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/governmentpublicsectorandtaxes/publicsectorfinance/bulletins/publicsectorfinances/previousReleases. As this dataset is updated monthly and subject to minor revision, figures in future data releases may differ from those used in this report.
13. Scotland's share of the UK population in 2015-16 was 8.2%. Excluding extra-regio activity, Scotland's share of UK GVA was 7.8% (National Records of Scotland ( NRS), Quarterly National Accounts Scotland and UK Economic Accounts).
15. A more detailed discussion of GOS is provided in the detailed revenue methodology paper on the GERS website.
24. Under the Fiscal Framework Agreement, the block grant
adjustment will effectively be determined by the indexed per capita
method until March 2022. Under this approach, the block grant
adjustment will increase in line with the percentage growth in tax
receipts per head in the
UK, multiplied by
Scottish population growth. The net impact on the Scottish
Government budget will therefore depend on the relative growth in
tax per head for each devolved tax in Scotland and the rest of the
UK. The agreement is
available at the link below.
Email: Mairi Spowage, firstname.lastname@example.org