2. The term housing associations is used to refer to private registered providers of social housing. This is consistent with the terminology used by the Office for Budget Responsibility in their Economic and Fiscal Outlooks.
8. The latest Public Sector Finances dataset is available from http://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/governmentpublicsectorandtaxes/publicsectorfinance/bulletins/publicsectorfinances/previousReleases. As this dataset is updated monthly and subject to minor revision, figures in future data releases may differ from those used in this report.
13. Scotland's share of the UK population in 2016-17 was 8.2%. Excluding extra-regio activity, Scotland's share of UK GVA was 7.7% (National Records of Scotland ( NRS), Quarterly National Accounts Scotland and UK Economic Accounts).
15. A more detailed discussion of GOS is provided in the detailed revenue methodology paper on the GERS website.
27. Under the Fiscal Framework Agreement, the block grant adjustment will effectively be determined by the indexed per capita method until March 2022. Under this approach, the block grant adjustment will increase in line with the percentage growth in tax receipts per head in the UK, multiplied by Scottish population growth. The net impact on the Scottish Government budget will therefore depend on the relative growth in tax per head for each devolved tax in Scotland and the rest of the UK. The agreement is available at the link below.
Email: Sandy Stewart, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House