You're viewing our new website - find out more

Publication - Form

Hazardous substances consent appeals: form and guidance

How to make a hazardous substance consent appeal.

You have the right to make a a hazardous substances consent appeal to Scottish Ministers where a planning authority:

  • has refused your application
  • has imposed conditions you disagree with
  • has not issued a decision within the set timescale

The attached guidance explains:

  • what the appeals process is
  • how to complete and submit your form
  • how to get in touch
  • how to submit documents to the DPEA electronically
Your appeal must be made within three months after the publication of the planning authority's decision .Or within three months from the date the decision should have been issued. Appeals made after this cannot be considered.

There is no fee for this type of appeal. Everybody who participates in the process is normally expected to cover their own expenses.

You can track the progress of your appeal online.

More information

This form and guidance relates to appeals made under:

Circular 3/2015: Planning Controls for Hazardous Substances gives context to this specific appeal.

A guide to planning appeals explains what can be appealed to ministers and provides context for our appeals forms.

Appeal Form - HSC.pdf

4 page PDF

Appeal Notes for appellants - HSC.pdf

6 page PDF

Electronic Best Practice.pdf

2 page PDF


DPEA Twitter Feed


Telephone: 01324 696400

Scottish Government
Planning and Environmental Appeals Division
4 The Courtyard
Callendar Business Park
Callendar Road

19 Apr 2016
Hazardous substances consent appeals: form and guidance