You have the right to make a hazardous substances contravention appeal to Scottish Ministers where a planning authority:
- serves a hazardous substances contravention notice
The attached guidance explains:
- what the appeals process is
- how to complete and submit your form
- how to get in touch
- how to send documents to the DPEA electronically
There is no fee for this type of appeal. Everybody who participates in the process is normally expected to cover their own expenses.
This form and guidance relates to appeals made under:
- Section 22 of the Planning (Hazardous Substances) (Scotland) Act 1997 and
- the Town and Country Planning (Hazardous Substances) (Scotland) Regulations 2015
Circular 3/2015: Planning Controls for Hazardous Substances provides context for this specific appeal.
A guide to planning appeals explains what can be appealed to ministers and provides context for our appeals forms.