Dignity and respect
- My human rights are respected and promoted.
- I am respected and treated with dignity as an individual.
- I am treated fairly and do not experience discrimination.
- My privacy is respected.
- I experience warm, compassionate and nurturing care and support.
- My care is provided by people who understand and are sensitive to my needs and my wishes.
- I receive the right information, at the right time and in a way that I can understand.
- I am supported to make informed choices, so that I can control my care and support.
- I am included in wider decisions about the way the service is provided, and my suggestions, feedback and concerns are considered.
- I am supported to participate fully and actively in my community.
Responsive care and support
- My health and social care needs are assessed and reviewed to ensure I receive the right support and care at the right time.
- My care and support adapts when my needs, choices and decisions change.
- I experience consistency in who provides my care and support and in how it is provided.
- If I make a complaint it is acted on.
- I am asked about my lifestyle preferences and aspirations and I am supported to achieve these.
- I am encouraged and helped to achieve my full potential.
- I am supported to make informed choices, even if this means I might be taking personal risks.
- I feel safe and I am protected from neglect, abuse or avoidable harm.