You have the right to make a high hedge appeal to Scottish Ministers where:
- you are the owner/occupier of the land where the hedge is situated
- you are the owner/occupier of property affected by the hedge
And where the authority:
- issues a high hedge notice
- decides not to issue a high hedge notice
- varies a high hedge notice
- withdraws a high hedge notice
The attached guidance explains:
- what the appeals process is
- how to complete and submit your form
- how to get in touch
- how to submit documents to the DPEA electronically
There is no fee for this type of appeal. Everybody who participates in the process is normally expected to cover their own expenses.
This form and guidance relates to appeals made under:
A guide to planning appeals explains what can be appealed to ministers and provides context for our appeals forms.