1. Paragraph 10 of Schedule 1 to the transposing regulations.
2. The Agencies' planned approach is set out in: River Basin Planning Framework for the Solway Tweed River Basin (2006 ); and Solway Tweed River Basin Planning: A Plan of Action (2006).
3. Paragraph 5 of Schedule 1 to the transposing regulations.
4. The Water Environment and Water Services (Scotland) Act 2003 (Designation of Responsible Authorities and Functions) Order 2006 refers to local authorities, Scottish Natural Heritage, Scottish Water, District Salmon Fisheries Boards, National Park Authorities, British Waterways, Forestry Commission, Fisheries Committee.
5. For England, refer paragraphs 13 and 15 respectively of Schedule 1 to the transposing regulations.
6. For Scotland, refer sections 16 and 18 of the WEWS (Scotland) Act 2003 as modified by regulation 5(1) and Schedule 4 (paragraph 3) of the transposing regulations.
7. WISE is the Water Information System for Europe hosted by the European Commission.