Culture and Heritage
Ongoing multi year key programmes are the:
- V&A Museum of Design Dundee;
- estates and storage maintenance; and
- repair and improvements at the National Collections.
Work was completed at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, which was opened in December 2015.
The V&A Museum of Design Dundee project is now under construction and will open to the public in 2018.
Undertaking repairs, maintenance and improving storage in the cultural estate is ongoing. The most recent major project has been the construction of a new storage and conservation facility at the National Museums Collection Centre at Granton, and which is now complete.
Currently the two major ongoing projects are:
- external refurbishment of the National Library's Causewayside building, of which Phase 1 is almost complete with Phase 2 following on immediately; and
- Phase 1 of the refurbishment of the Kelvin Hall in Glasgow, which is a partnership with Glasgow University and Glasgow City Council, and which will see the creation of a new centre for the Moving Image Archive, relocating the Scottish Screen Archive currently housed at Hillington Industrial Estate. This is expected to be complete in September 2016.