Attendees and apologies
From the UK Government:
- The Minister of State for Exiting the EU, Rt Hon David Jones
- The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Rt Hon James Brokenshire
- The Secretary of State for Scotland, Rt Hon David Mundell MP
- The Secretary of State for Wales, Rt Hon Alun Cairns MP
- The Minister of State for Trade Policy at the Department for International Trade, Lord Price
- The Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Rt Hon David Gauke
- The Minister of State for Europe and the Americas at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Rt Hon Alan Duncan MP
- The Minister of State for Policing and the Fire Service at the Home Office Rt Hon Brandon Lewis
- The Minister for the Cabinet Office, Ben Gummer
From the Scottish Government
- The Minister for UK Negotiations on Scotland’s Place in Europe, Mr Russell
- The Cabinet Secretary for Justice, Mr Matheson.
From the Welsh Government
- Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Local Government, Mark Drakeford.
From the Northern Ireland Executive
- Minister for the Economy, Simon Hamilton, MLA
- Minister for Infrastructure, Chris Hazzard, MLA
- Minister of Justice, Claire Sugden, MLA.
Items and actions
This meeting follows the meeting held on 9 November where the UK Government and Devolved Administrations agreed to meet on a monthly cycle as we seek to agree a UK approach to the Article 50 negotiations.
Ministers discussed their priorities relating to law enforcement, security and criminal justice, civil judicial cooperation, immigration and trade. There was a follow up discussion from the last meeting of JMC(EN) on Market Access.
Ministers agreed that officials should now take forward joint analysis across the range of issues being considered by JMC (EN) and captured in the work programme, Ministers agreed to continue to engage bilaterally ahead of the next meeting in January.