Attendees and apologies
From the UK Government:
- the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office, Rt Hon David Lidington MP;
- the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Rt Hon Karen Bradley MP;
- the Secretary of State for Wales, Rt Hon Alun Cairns MP;
- the Secretary of State for Scotland, Rt Hon David Mundell MP;
- the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Exiting the EU, Robin Walker MP; and
- the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Shailesh Vara MP.
From the Welsh Government:
- the Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Mark Drakeford AM.
From the Scottish Government:
- the Minister for UK Negotiations on Scotland’s Place in Europe, Michael Russell MSP.
Dr Andrew McCormick, Director General International Relations from the Northern Ireland Civil Service attended the meeting in the continued absence of a Northern Ireland Executive.
Items and actions
The Chair opened the meeting by summarising official level engagement since the Committee last met, including discussions on the proposed amendment to the EU (Withdrawal) Bill. The Committee discussed the UK Government’s proposed amendment to clause 11 and progress made towards reaching agreement. The Committee noted the timings for the Committee Stage debate in the House of Lords. All administrations remained committed to reaching agreement on the EU (Withdrawal) Bill. Discussions on further detail on the proposal would continue between the UK Government and Scottish and Welsh Governments in the coming weeks.
JMC(EN) noted and agreed the UK Government's intention to publish its frameworks analysis and committed itself to continuing work towards agreements on common frameworks.