Attendees and apologies
From the UK Government
- The Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, Rt Hon David Davis
- The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Rt Hon James Brokenshire
- The Secretary of State for Scotland, Rt Hon David Mundell MP
- The Secretary of State for Wales, Rt Hon Alun Cairns MP
- The Minister for State for the Department for Exiting the European Union, Rt Hon David Jones
- The Minister of State for Europe and the Americas in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Rt Hon Alan Duncan MP
From the Northern Ireland Executive
- The First Minister, Rt Hon Arlene Foster MLA
- The deputy First Minister, Martin McGuinness MLA
From the Scottish Government
- The Minister for UK Negotiations on Scotland's Place in Europe, Mike Russell MSP
From the Welsh Government
- The Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Local Government, Mark Drakeford AM
Items and actions
The meeting of JMC(EN) followed agreement reached at the JMC(Plenary) meeting on 24 October, chaired by the Prime Minister, to seek a UK approach to and objectives for Article 50 negotiations. Ministers discussed issues of importance to them, including Article 50, the JMC(EN) work programme and key sectors of interest.
Ministers set out their priorities for discussion at JMC(EN), and agreed to develop further the proposed work programme to ensure its connection to and involvement with the process of negotiations.
Ministers agreed to meet monthly to share evidence and to take forward joint analysis, which will inform that work programme.