What Next? Making it Easier
The Health and Social Care Delivery Plan, published in December 2016, makes a commitment to:
- "Refresh our Health Literacy Plan, Making It Easy, to support everyone in Scotland to have the confidence, knowledge, understanding and skills we need to live well with any health condition we have."
This gives us the chance to build our next steps on the progress so far.
We will engage with people to develop clear actions in support of health literacy work for the next three years. Our starting thoughts for the topics that these actions will cover include:
- Spread and scale-up work to date
- Support for Realising Realistic Medicine
- Pharmacy information and medicines labelling
- Spreading lessons beyond health
- Shift the culture to a "health literacy by design" approach.
We will publish the new action plan by the end of 2017.
Email: Blythe Robertson, email@example.com
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House