Model Scottish Secure Tenancy Agreement
3 RESPECT FOR OTHERS
3.1 You, those living with you, and your visitors, must not harass or act in an anti-social manner to, or pursue a course of anti-social conduct against, any person in the neighbourhood. Such people include residents, visitors, our employees, agents and contractors and those in your house .
3.2 'Anti-social' means causing or likely to cause alarm, distress, nuisance or annoyance to any person or causing damage to anyone's property. Harassment of a person includes causing the person alarm or distress. Conduct includes speech. A course of conduct must involve conduct on at least two occasions.
3.3 In particular, you, those living with you and your visitors must not:
- make excessive noise. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of televisions, hi-fi's, radios and musical instruments and DIY tools;
- fail to control your pets properly or allow them to foul or cause damage to other people's property;
- allow visitors to your house to be noisy or disruptive;
- use your house, or allow it to be used, for illegal or immoral purposes;
- vandalise or damage our property or any part of the common parts or neighbourhood;
- leave rubbish in unauthorised places;
- allow your children to cause nuisance or annoyance to other people by failing to exercise reasonable control over them;
- harass or assault any person in the house, or neighbourhood, for whatever reason. This includes that person's race, colour or ethnic origin, nationality, gender, sexuality, disability, age, religion or other belief, or other status;
- Use or carry offensive weapons;
- Use or sell unlawful drugs or sell alcohol
3.4 In addition, you, those living with you and your visitors must not do the following in an anti-social way:
- run a business from your house;
- park any vehicle, caravan or trailer;
- carry out work to any type of vehicle, caravan or trailer;
- use alcohol.
The particular prohibitions on behaviour listed in paragraphs 3.3 and 3.4 do not in any way restrict the general responsibilities contained in paragraph 3.1 above
3.5 You, those living with you, and your visitors, must not bring into the house or store in the house any type of firearm or firearm ammunition unless you have a permit.
3.6 You will be in breach of this Agreement if you, those living with you or your visitors do anything which is prohibited in this part of the Agreement.
3.7 If you have a complaint about nuisance, annoyance or harassment being caused by a neighbour (or anyone living with him/her or his/her visitors), you may report it to us. We will investigate your complaint within [fourteen] days. If, after investigation, there are good grounds in our opinion for your complaint, we will take reasonable steps to try to prevent the behaviour happening again. These steps may include mediation or legal action. A copy of our written policy about dealing with these kinds of complaints is available from us.
3.8 We will act fairly to you in all matters connected with your tenancy. We will not unfairly or unlawfully discriminate against you in any way on the grounds of your race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, gender, sexuality, disability, age, religion or other belief or other status. If you believe we have acted unfairly to you in any way, you may wish to use our complaints procedure. You may also wish to take independent advice.