3.0 Offenders subject of Environmental Risk Assessments
Environmental Risk Assessments must be carried out by Responsible Authorities for:
- every new offender on initial registration and any subsequent change of address.
Thereafter, an annual review will be carried out unless the Responsible Authorities record justifiable and defensible decisions for not completing one for:
- all offenders managed at MAPPA levels 2 and 3;
- all MAPPA level 1 high / very high risk offenders;
- those offenders who are subject of a Sexual Offences Prevention Order or a Risk of Sexual Harm Order;
- those offenders who have committed contact offences  against children or adults at risk of harm  ;
- any other offender who is subject to notification and it is deemed necessary to do an ERA. For example home leave addresses and additional registered addresses.