Objectives - Prevent, Respond, Support and Protect
As indicated above, the shared objectives of this Framework are as follows:
|Aim||To prevent people going missing and limit the harm to those who have gone missing|
|Objectives||Objective 1: To introduce preventative measures to reduce the number of missing persons episodes.||Objective 2: To respond consistently and appropriately to missing persons episodes.||Objective 3: To provide the best possible support to both missing people and their families.||Objective 4: To protect vulnerable missing people and reduce the risks of harm.|
1) Agencies toensure thatpreventionplanning takesplace locally forvulnerableindividuals andgroups.
2) Agencies toensure thatpeople most atrisk of goingmissing aretreated as apriority at alocal
3) Agencies toexchangeproportionateinformation toensure thatmissing peopleare locatedquickly.
4) Agencies toadopt aconsistentapproach to riskassessmentwhen someonegoes missing.
5) Agencies tohold returndiscussionswith youngpeople andadults after theyhave beenmissing.
6) Agencies toensure thatspecialistsupport is madeavailable topeople whohave beenmissing andtheir families.
7) ScottishGovernment tooversee aprogramme ofactivity to raiseawareness ofmissing people.
8) ScottishGovernment toensure thatrisks of harmare highlightedin all trainingand guidance.
These objectives are interlinking and support the overall aim of this Framework.
The commitments require action both nationally and locally. However, it is important to note that most - if not all - of this local activity should already be taking place through multi-agency partnerships. No new requirements are being placed on local authorities and their partners. Through this Framework, partnerships will be provided with a national focus for this activity and a means to share best practice.
Progress toward the objectives will be assessed one year after the publication of the Framework.
Email: Stephen Coulter
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House