1. * Obesity- A Route Map towards a Healthy Weight Scotland Report of an Engagement Process, Hannah M, Connacher A, Tyrell L, Scottish Public Health Network, July 2010
2. Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation. Chart presents most and least deprived SIMD quintiles.
3. The Scottish Health Survey Topic Report: Obesity, October 2011 (updated March 2012) http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2011/10/1138/0
4. Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation. Chart presents most and least deprived SIMD quintiles.
5. Based on information from the 2015 SHeS report (chapter 8) and 2011 SHeS Volume 2- children (chapter 5): See http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Health/scottish-health-survey/Publications
6. Between 2001 and 2006, the increase in numbers was partly due to improved recording. The increase observed since 2007 is more likely to reflect a real increase in numbers.
7. The Scottish Dietary Goal ( SDG) has recently been updated (Scottish Government, 2016) and is now that no more than 5% of daily energy intake should be from free sugars. As the data presented precedes this change, this report focuses on the SDG prior to 2016.
8. Note that physical activity guidelines changed in 2011. See chapter 6 (physical activity) in the 2012 Scottish Health Survey for more information: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2013/09/3684/10
9. Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation. Chart presents most and least deprived SIMD quintiles.
10. Such as a computer, games console or handheld gaming device.
11. Environmental Scan of Potential Policy Interventions to Tackle Obesogenic Aspects of the Built Environment, Mooney et al 2010
12. Hannah, Connacher and Tyrell, Obesity - A Route Map towards a Healthy Weight Scotland Report of Engagement Process
13. Complete 2015 data was not available at the time of publication.
14. 'Regular soft drinks' includes juices/fruit drinks, carbonates, squash, and others (such as flavoured milk), but excludes chilled drinks, mineral water and all diet soft drinks.
15. Complete 2015 data was not available at the time of publication.