Our circular sets out the revised non-statutory arrangements known as the 'Crichel Down Rules', under which government land no longer needed should be offered back to former owners or their successors.
The circular is divided into the following sections:
- the land and property to which the rules apply
- the general rules
- interests qualifying on offer-back
- time horizon for obligation to offer-back
- exceptions from the obligation to offer-back
- procedures for disposal
- terms of resale
- resource implications for local authorities
- annex 1
Circulars contain our policies on the implementation of legislation and procedures.
Statements of our policy in circulars may be considerations to take into account in development plans and development management decisions.
Telephone: 0131 244 7528
Area 2-H (South)
Planning and Architecture Division
The Scottish Government