Youth (16-24) Employment in the devolved public sector, Q1 2013 and Q1 2016, headcount 1
|Young People 2||Total employment 3||%Young People in Total Workforce|
|Q1 2013||Q1 2014||Q1 2015||Q1 2016||Change over year||Q1 2013||Q1 2014||Q1 2015||Q1 2016||Change over year||Q1 2013||Q1 2014||Q1 2015||Q1 2016||Change over year|
|Scottish Government Core Directorates (excluding Agencies)||140||230||240||270||40||5,100||5,300||5,400||5,400||0||2.7%||4.3%||4.4%||5.1%||0.7|
|Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal||90||80||100||110||10||1,700||1,700||1,700||1,700||0||5.5%||5.0%||5.6%||6.3%||0.7|
|Scottish Government Agencies 5||410||480||540||450||-90||6,800||7,000||7,300||6,400||-1,000||6.0%||6.8%||7.4%||7.1%||-0.3|
|Other Public Bodies 5||440||520||530||630||100||15,200||13,900||14,000||15,400||1,300||2.9%||3.7%||3.8%||4.1%||0.3|
|Police and Fire Services 4||-||980||1,130||1,250||120||-||28,700||28,400||28,200||-300||-||3.4%||4.0%||4.4%||0.5|
|Total Devolved Public Sector 7||20,390||21,600||22,690||22,680||-10||487,800||488,000||490,100||488,200||-1,900||4.2%||4.4%||4.6%||4.6%||0.0|
|Youth coverage of total Devolved Public Sector (%)||100%||100%||100%||100%||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
1. See http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Labour-Market/PublicSectorEmployment/PSEByAge for information about this collection.
2. Youth employment levels rounded to the nearest 10.
3. Total employment levels rounded to the nearest 100.
4. Police and Fire Reform: Some of the change on year estimates will be affected by reclassification of organisations as a result of reforms to the police and fire services in Scotland. From Q2 2013 Police and Fire Services have been reclassified as central government rather than local government. This reclassification has had an impact on the staffing numbers in both these categories. Also, for Q1 2014 onwards staffing levels for the Scottish Police Authority (previously Scottish Police Services Authority) are included within the Police and Fire Services category in the table above (previously included in other public bodies).
5. In Q4 2015, Historic Scotland (previously a Scottish Government Agency) merged with the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (a non-departmental public body in the other public bodies category) to become Historic Environment Scotland in the Other Public Bodies category.
6. Information for NHS is taken from previously released data from ISD, published on 7th June 2016. See http://www.isdscotland.org/Health-Topics/Workforce/
7. The Total Devolved Public Sector includes an estimate for youth employment within further education colleges, based on existing information.
Email: Claire Gordon